There are many thoughts racing through your head. What is even relevant to a divorce attorney? Good question. Putting together a list of document or items to discuss will be helpful. Below is a list of information to bring and documents to gather before meeting with a divorce attorney.
- List of your current bills and who is paying what
- List of what bills you want your spouse to pay
- Your current custody/parenting time schedule
- Your desired custody/parenting time schedule
- List of your accounts and the approximate balances (printed statements are even more helpful)
- List of debts with balances
- Paycheck stubs
- Tax returns
- What property do you want out of the divorce?
- What property did you own prior to the divorce?
This is just a starting point, but will get your wheels turning in the right direction.